In order to have optimal muscular recovery you need to make sure you have the best post workout supplement on the market. You also need to know what makes a post workout supplement the best post workout supplement.
What it all boils down to is how reputable the company selling the product is, and the ingredients in their post workout supplement. We will only take a look at the ones that are worth any of your sweat and hard earned money. Lets sort by ingredients, and take a look at each individual post workout supplement I have made a page for. The goal is to make sure you find the best post workout supplement for you.
What is the Best Post Workout Supplement?
There are three great supplements to choose from that you can’t go wrong with choosing any of them. They all contain most of the ingredients listed above and more.
Ingredients in a Best Post Workout Supplement
What is glutamine? Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the human body.
Claims? Glutamine is claimed to improve the recovery process in our muscles, lessening DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), which is the soreness felt the day after.
Many studies have been performed on Glutamine which have listed many benefits:
- Imporoving our ability to buffer lactic acid
- Short-term ingestion showed no improvement in strength, where as long term ingestion did. This would explain why some users say it is useless, they potentially didn’t give it tiem to work. Be patient.
- Enhances the immune system
Verdict? The judge is still out on this one. It seems as though, as long as you’re patient and consume consistently over the long term you will reap the benefits of the perofrmance gains from Glutamine. People either love it or hate it, you be the judge.
What are BCAA’S? BCAA’s are Branched Chain Amino Acids
Claims? They are known in the supplement world to speed up recovery and increase protein synthesis therefore enahancing muscle growth.
The studies to date have listed these benefits on BCAA supplementation:
- Increases muscle recovery, especially after intense eccentric movements (lowering of the weight)
- Decrease in DOMS
- Buffer lactic acid
- Help with healing of injuries, sickness, and trauma
**May increase strength and muscle mass but there is not enough evidence to support this claim yet. More studies need to be done to determine whether this is a direct or indirect effect from BCAA supplementation.
There are other qualities that make a post workout supplement “the best post workout supplement”. Some of these qualities including:
- Carbohydrate consumption in specific amounts and specific types
- Protein consumption in specific amounts and types
- Possible creatine consumption to restore ATP stores
Other qualties that you control to aid in recovery:
- Sleep (7-9hrs)
- Water (3L or more)
- Nutrition, especially pre and post workout
- Stress levels, high stress increases cortisol which has a negative effect on muscle recovery
All Post Workout Supplements:
Best Post Workout Supplement | Conclusion
Since both reommended post workout supplements are great, and you have more information on the topic, I will leave it up to you to decide which one is the best post workout supplement for you.
Best Post Workout Supplement
Related terms: Post Workout Supplement Reviews, Post Workout Supplements for Men, Post Workout Drink Reviews, Post Work Out Supplement, Top 10 Work Out Supplements, Best Post Work Out Supplements 2011, Best after Work Out Supplement, Best Post Work Out Recovery Supplements